Jack

My humble opinion is that using TVWS for backhauls is a waste of
resources

My points

Current and future bandwidth requirement of wisps and celcos for
towers are in the
50 Mbps + , so you'll plenty of spectrum to meet the demands, I'll say
more than 50 MHz per link

Propagation of tvws freqs would yield in poor density of ptp links

Antenna sizes for ptp links would be a barrier

The FCC should seek out a space for ptp links on a higher band like 2
or 3 ghz
But requiere a strict sync protocol for high freq reuse

Sent from my Motorola Startac...

On May 20, 2010, at 11:05 AM, "Jack Unger" <jun...@ask-wi.com> wrote:

> I ask because I'm trying to gather data to support WISPA's FCC
> filings. I'll explain...
>
> FiberTower is telling the FCC that they need chunks of TV White
> Space spectrum to be LICENSED TO THEM so they can provide point-to-
> point backbone bandwidth to serve rural unserved and underserved
> communities. Backbone bandwidth that is licensed to them means LESS
> unlicensed (or less lightly-licensed) TV White Space for WISPs to use.
>
> I'm fighting to MAXIMIZE the TV White Space spectrum for WISP use
> therefore I need information to debunk the FiberTower claims.
>
> I need to learn if FiberTower is actually a significant backbone
> bandwidth provider to fixed broadband ISPs and WISPs or if
> FiberTower is really only providing backbone bandwidth to mobile
> broadband (cellular) carriers.
>
> If FiberTower is acting anti-competitively by trying to knock WISPs
> out of the broadband business by denying us the TV White Space
> spectrum that we need while at the same time using that spectrum to
> serve the large cellphone companies then WISPA must explain that to
> the FCC and ask the FCC to deny FiberTower's requests to exclusively
> license TV White Space spectrum.
>
> jack
>

> Tom DeReggi wrote:
>>
>> Why do you ask?
>>
>> Im not saying anyone hasn't, but I have heard they have turned away
>> providing service to some WISPs. They cater to large carrier and
>> telecom.
>>
>> Tom DeReggi
>> RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
>> IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband