Its all about the IP you give the client.
I always handed it a ip of the associated network and it would work.
Example. RB750 in our colo. Network is 1.1.1.0/24
This is the configuration of a ppp client that has access to the internal
colo servers

add caller-id="" comment="" disabled=no limit-bytes-in=0 limit-bytes-out=0
local-address=\
    1.1.1.50 name=USERNAME password=PASSWORD profile=default-encryption
remote-address=\
    1.1.1.51 routes="" service=any

Profile is this

set default-encryption bridge=bridge1 change-tcp-mss=yes comment="" name=\
    default-encryption only-one=default use-compression=default
use-encryption=yes \
    use-vj-compression=default

Bridge 1 contains single Ethernet interface that plugs into the colo
switch.

Should work :D but no promises.

Nick Olsen
Network Operations