Yup. I pointed that out on the other list too.

Could be as simple as not upping your serial too ;)

I like this format - works well with scripts

yyyymmdd## - that should give you more than enough updates to your
zonefiles each day for an AUTH server.

And look for those missing periods, braces, semicolons, etc., like David
pointed out below. hosts for A RRs end w/periods too, and for the rp
don't forget that it's all dots - no "@" sign.

Try loading a dummy zone with just a couple of hosts w/simple A RRs and
build from there ;) Use that SOA for the top of your template.

Always up your serial whenever you HUP.

Just parse through it - I'm sure you'll find it. Also, if that's not it,
make sure your running RFC compliant FQDNs. IOW, no "_", which,
depending upon how you compiled BIND you may need to specifically allow
- - otherwise BIND will reject those. Microsoft likes to promote the use
of underscores in machine names - forcing the admin to give those boxes
different hostnames of provide support for those non RFC compliant
hostnames - many DNS servers out there on the Internet won't anyway -
none of mine will.

On 6/4/2010 11:24 AM, David E. Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 13:12, Mike Hammett <wispawirel...@ics-il.net> wrote:
>> There are errors in loading the zone,  but if all queries are being sent
>> out to the public Internet, how am I going to be able to test the new
>> system?
>
> If there were errors in loading the zone, then it's not going to
> answer queries for the zone. First, you'll need to read the error logs
> and tea leaves, to see why your zone file isn't loading; once that's
> taken care of, you can then worry about testing.
>
> David Smith
> MVN.net

- --
Bradley D. Thornton