Hello,

I could use some suggestions / field experience...

We need to setup wifi for a medium sized apartment complex. We need to
deliver Wifi for about 8-12 apt. spread throughout the complex. (The apt
complex is about the size of a city block).

We have done a field test / proof of concept with Meraki radios (only
because I had them on the shelf), cannot do Ruckus (budget will not
afford this).

.. Mesh will do the job, but looking for radios with a bit more oomph
than the Merai mini's.

I was looking at using Ubiqiti Picostation 2HP flashed with Open-mesh
... but am concerned about folks on UBNT forum reporting strange
coverage gap in the 20-50ft range....

I understand that there are some Engenius radios that will work with
open mesh as well... ( radios need to be outdoor type).

Any suggestions ? or opinions on PicoStation 2HP or Engenious Radios
(please let me know what model #) and or the Open Mesh setup.

Many Thanks in Advance.

--
Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet&  Telecom