At 8/6/2010 04:38 PM, Jeremie Chism wrote:
>For the second week in a row lightning has got me. This time it was my
>main tower taking out my core cisco router, switch, AP. My luck is
>great. Maybe it's time to look at something besides cisco.

Hmmm, I'm sensing a product opportunity here.  Cisco routers are
expensive.  So rather than let anything conductive touch them (other
than the power feed, which presumably has its own protectors), use a
jumper of all-dielectric fiber to isolate them from anything that
goes near the outside.  Sort of an air gap, but made of glass...

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/