On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 15:12, <lakel...@gbcx.net> wrote:

> OK. Not being the computer genius that I want to be can anyone give me an
> economical lead on Windows XP Pro SP3 operating system which is legal and
> valid. I need programs for a handful of machines

You can still buy OEM media and licenses from a number of resellers, like
Newegg. XP Pro should be around $150 per license.

Depending on what you're doing, it may be easier/cheaper to get a small
volume license of Windows 7 Professional, then use "Windows XP Mode" (a
customized copy of Microsoft Virtual PC with a pre-installed XP
environment).

David Smith
MVN.net