I believe streetlights are mounted onto a concrete base, not directly buried.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

On 9/10/2010 9:37 AM, Kevin Owen wrote:

Other than a wooden utility pole, does anyone have a source for a direct bury steel pole, such as those you would see used for street lights, etc? I have a need for a client to be up ~30' for a single 1' dish. That will be the only thing ever on the pole, so it won't be loaded. It can't be guyed, and they would prefer not Rohn or other lattice structure for aesthetics. We have been asked to use something like a streetlight pole. We have never used such a pole. Has anyone used one and do you have a source for the pole?

Kevin

First Step Internet, LLC