From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Nick White
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:50 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Trees under half mile

So what kinds of distances are people currently going through trees, and
what kinds of signals, CCQ, throughput, etc. are you seeing? I guess I'm
looking for success stories. I need to sell this to the partners. I know it
can be done, and I'm fairly confident it will work in this situation, but
they aren't.

I've found a few instances online of people going 1 mile with 5.8 through
some trees and still pulling off a -65 and 20Mbps of throughput - this was
PTP.

I know 3.65Ghz is supposed to be somewhere between 2.4 and 5.8 in terms of
tree penetration, but I'm thinking this might be a good place to use 3.65,
simply because of the lack of noise.

I have never worked with 900Mhz as of yet. This was our initial alternative,
but there is the added cost of deployment - $160 for a LocoM900 vs $80 for a
NanobridgeM2. Literally doubles our ROI.