I am happy with google for email. They are currently doing a forced
change to the service that is going to make life less fun for people
hosting with them for a bit. If you have say www.foo.com email hosted
with them, and your user bar has the email b...@foo.com AND has a
personal google account (igoogle) registered using said b...@foo.com,
then they will be forcibly combined come this fall. Other then this
very evil move, they have been great. Since they opened up the GFYD I
have setup 50+ domains and have not had issues or had to go back for
anything really related to Google. Users tho, are users. I still
recommend them and people have told me that if you talk with them
upfront and show what you will be moving to them, they will work with
you on price. If I ever decide to move away from google, I would move
email back in house. The primary reason I moved was the data centers I
had hosting in BOTH experienced extreme outages (one the power room
blew up, the other had '3 physically redundant paths' taken out by the
same backhoe). Google took 20 min to setup and restore working email
services.