But if they become licensed you have to also protect the first adjacent
channel for that licensed link. That would remove 3 channels from the
available white space and to get that proposed licensed link they also have
to protect the first adjacent channels of the incumbents. Remember when we
talk white spaces it really means 3 channels for every high power WISP
deployment or existing licensed user of the band. Protecting first adjacent
channels really narrows the number of channels available.

When you also look at the power levels they are asking for with only 24
degree beam width antennas, they have the potential to pollute a lot of
spectrum over HUGE geographic areas. Take too much of the spectrum away for
WISP use and you won't have any manufacturers building equipment because the
market potential will be too small.

Go to the spectrum bridge web site and play around with their on line tool
to investigate white spaces. If you find an area you think you would use for
white spaces, click on the channel you want. If there are no contours
overlapping the area you are PARTWAY there. You then need to add the upper
and lower channels (first adjacent) to the map to see if any of those
contours overlap the areas you want to serve. IF you still have clean area
great. You would be able to deploy...but wait..you become a successful WISP
in this area and then Sprint/FiberTower comes along and licenses any one of
those three channels you had that were clear. Guess what...you have to turn
off your system because they are licensed and you are not....great way to
knock competitors out of business. TV stations don't just pop up like that
but backhauls could.

Brian