I asked about the cable exemption and they said it was "only for cable
operators" and not for anyone that assigns IPs to a geographic area
(tower).
We were able to get more space by showing over 80% of our existing
space was assigned to other entities (customers) and of that space 50%
of the major blocks were used. I believe those numbers are in their
docs.