Also, anyone who has used ones they want to sell, hit me offlist. I still have another 200 or so CPE/CPE80 radios that I need to replace with CPQs or UBNT.

Matt Larsen
mlar...@vistabeam.com

On 10/26/2010 9:47 AM, Steve Barnes wrote:

Ryan,

I like all those Tranzeo options as well. I did not know the ram was so tight on them. I just thought that the ability to put ROS on them and if it worked with Nstreame2 would solve some of my over populated towers. I really need TDMA or some Universal Timing mech that works cross vendor. I like Tranzeo and truthfully I have a very stable network with them. I like UBNT CPE's and have started using them as my only supplier for backhauls. But I use Mikrotik for all my AP's. My network design is such that I use a hotspot for radius authentication and queue creation for speed control. I would never use Tranzeo as an AP. I don't want to change all my controls to change to UBNT Rockets. I need a TDMA that works with MT, UBNT, Tranzeo, Engenius, DD-WRT, etc....

Guess I shouldn't hold my breath. L

*Steve Barnes*

RC-WiFi Wireless Internet Service <http://www.rcwifi.com/>

*From:*wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] *On Behalf Of *Ryan Spott
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:07 AM
*To:* WISPA General List
*Subject:* Re: [WISPA] Hacking Tranzeo

What is missing from the CPQ-X line?

Let's see,

Text based config file upload.

TFTP mass install for the warehouse.

Config changes via simple curl statement (en masse)

SNMPread for 'important stuff' (there should be MORE!)

Pretty solid mounting (Oh god, do I hate that boot too though!)

Remember, with only enough ram to really keep track of only 8 or so clients behind them, don't use them as routers in larger commercial installs, use them as bridges.

Yeah, the web interface blows chunks compared to the UBNT stuff, but look at the hardware. Keep it simple and functional, not pretty. But yeah, the web interface blows chunks.

Now if only the company would join WISPA...

ryan