Matt

A great service is MaxMind - a few others as well - runs prior to the credit
auth.
as of the blacklists- do you not limit how many emails an account can send per
hour?

Shoot to me off list - i can set you up a few tools that may help here.
:-)   good stuff - especially if you know linux well.

I have some good mod_sec rules that work having mail as a reverse proxy - from
a recent hosting client that had an issue we patched.

Happy to help you win the fight.

Glenn

On Oct 28, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Cameron Crum wrote:

> ng impaired people (or a forgery of it) to order
> up a dialup account and several email addresses.    Then the account is
> paid for with a credit card.    Within a couple of hours, spam starts
> flowing from the email addresses.   We tracked this down when one of the
> people with the stolen credit cards called us to find out why we were
> charging them, and it was readily apparent that this was not a
> legitimate account.
>
> Heads up.    Now we get to go through the stupid fight to get ourselves
> removed from the yahoo and aol blacklists.   Dammit!

Glenn Kelley | Principle | HostMedic |www.HostMedic.com
  Email: gl...@hostmedic.com
Pplease don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.