At 11/23/2010 09:01 AM, you wrote:
>I've used HP OfficeJets for most of the previous decade.  I've used HP
>printers period for...  20 years?
>
>However, the OfficeJets continue to have paper handling and other
>issues.  They are used far less than their service duty allows.  I also
>have a problem with the printer disappearing on some computers.
>
>I was recommended to Dell all in one printers, but their user interface
>for the scanning, faxing, etc. features is horrible.
>
>I need something that works, does copy, fax, scan, print, and is easy
>enough for non-techies to use.  Recommendations?

For b/w lasers, I like Brother.  Solid, cheap, reasonably-priced
toner.  Decent wireless access (2.4 GHz, presuming you don't mind a
little extra around the office) and good faxing.

For inkjet, I like Canon.  Epson's good too but most have
nonremoveable print heads, and once they jam, it's disposal
time.  Canons can be cleaned.  And the ink's not too expensive.

While I like my wide-format (14" wide) HP wireless OfficeJet, which
is wonderful for printing up maps and big network diagrams, I've had
way too much trouble with their cheap ink jet All-in-1s.  Talk about
cost-engineered to the max, with a paper path so flaky that it would
have made Willis Carrier himself cringe.  We got a 1620 packaged with
a laptop about six years ago; it *never* worked.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/