Hi, we need to install an aprox. 8 mile PTP 5.8Ghz link near the Big Island
in Hawaii. One end will be at about 50ft MSL, while the other end is at
about 3500ft. The first 4 miles are over water, with rest over moderately
hilly terrain to a freestanding 50ft tower. The ends have LOS. Ordinarly I'd
just use a conventional setup with a pair of 2' dish antennas and XR5
radios, but am considering using dual-polarity feedhorns (or even separate
dishes) and diversity or dual radios due to the water.  Is this worth the
effort, or should we just use e.g. horizontal polarity and stick to it?
Since the one end is much higher than the other I'm thinking this should
mitigate water effects, but would welcome any opinions.

Thanks,

Tom S.