It's better to fill it out at Walgreen's while you get your flu shot.

. . . j o n a t h a n

  _____

From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Jeremie Chism
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 5:18 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Open Internet Filers thus far

I filled mine out at the doctors office with the flu. If I can do it
everybody else should be able to take 5 minutes out to do something that
will help us all.

Sent from my iPhone4

On Dec 13, 2010, at 1:19 PM, "Rick Harnish" <rharn...@wispa.org> wrote:

TOPIC:  Treatment of Fixed Wireless Broadband in Open Internet Decision to
be made at the FCC Commission Meeting on Dec. 21st, 2010.

DEADLINE:  Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EST

IMPORTANCE LEVEL:  HIGH

All WISPs and WISP Vendors,

Friday I sent out an announcement of a critical decision that is
tentatively scheduled to be made at the December 21st FCC Commission
meeting which may severely impact your business and its future.  WISPA
filed its Ex Parte comments on Friday, which I have attached.
Doc121010-013.pdf.  Below, is an excerpt of commentary made by Steve
Coran, WISPA's telecommunication attorney about this "Open Internet"
proposal.

As you may be aware, at the December 21 meeting, FCC Chairman Genachowski
intends to put to full Commission vote his proposed "Open Internet" (net
neutrality) rules.  This means that all communications with Commission
decision-makers must be completed by 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 14.
The Chairman has Commissioner Clyburn's vote, and will not get
Commissioners Baker and McDowell on board.  Commissioner Copps would
prefer more stringent Title II regulation and may hold out for some
concessions, but at the end of the day its widely believed he will sign on
to the rules, yielding a 3-2 vote along party lines.  Republican House
members have already indicated that an FCC vote in favor of "Open
Internet" rules would exceed the FCC's authority and be subject to
legislation and political fall-out.

>From recent press reports and the Chairman's statements, and of relevance
to WISPA, we understand the proposed rules will create two separate
regulatory regimes, one for fixed and one for mobile.  Mobile wireless
broadband providers will be subject to less stringent requirements, while
fixed wireless will be included in the more heavily regulated class of
broadband providers.  On the other hand, the Chairman has indicated that
he will allow "pay-as-you-go" or usage-based billing.  Not sure about any
caps or constraints, but at least on this point the Chairman is open to
innovative billing models.

As we did during the TV Whitespaces proceedings, we have taken the time to
write a template letter that we encourage ALL WISPs and our partner
vendors to file.  The deadline is Tuesday, December 14th at 5:30 pm EST.
Feel free to customize this letter, also attached to personalize it to
your specific company demographics.  Any text in Red should be replaced by
company specific information.  This campaign is extremely important and
has a very short window of opportunity for each of you to respond by.

Once you have customized the letter, please make a .pdf copy or a .doc
file and upload it at the following website.
<http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=rhroc>
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=rhroc.  If you choose not
to use the WISPA template letter but want to write your own comments, you
can either follow the previous procedure or use the Express filing method
at  <http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=nc5cd>
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=nc5cd.  The proceeding
number ET Docket Nos. 09-191 and WC Docket No. 07-52.  You can add the
second Proceeding Number by clicking Add Proceeding.

I would like to thank Doug Clark, Jack Unger and Steve Coran for their
assistance in editing and refining this letter template.  If you do not
care for the tone of this letter, please feel free to write your own.

I cannot stress how important this is for each WISP company to do.

Respectfully,

Rick Harnish

Executive Director

WISPA