From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Rick Harnish
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:03 PM
To: memb...@wispa.org; 'WISPA General List'; motor...@afmug.com
Subject: [WISPA] ONE HOUR LEFT!!!!

Have you protected your business yet today.  If not, don't do anything else
today until you file your "Open Internet" letter.  If you don't, everything
else may be moot anyways.  This is my last post of encouragement.  I bet you
are all tired of hearing it.

TOPIC:  Treatment of Fixed Wireless Broadband in Open Internet Decision to
be made at the FCC Commission Meeting on Dec. 21st, 2010.

DEADLINE:  Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EST

IMPORTANCE LEVEL:  HIGH

All WISPs and WISP Vendors,

Friday I sent out an announcement of a critical decision that is tentatively
scheduled to be made at the December 21st FCC Commission meeting which may
severely impact your business and its future.  WISPA filed its Ex Parte
comments on Friday, which I have attached.  Doc121010-013.pdf.  Below, is an
excerpt of commentary made by Steve Coran, WISPA's telecommunication
attorney about this "Open Internet" proposal.

As you may be aware, at the December 21 meeting, FCC Chairman Genachowski
intends to put to full Commission vote his proposed "Open Internet" (net
neutrality) rules.  This means that all communications with Commission
decision-makers must be completed by 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, December 14.
The Chairman has Commissioner Clyburn's vote, and will not get Commissioners
Baker and McDowell on board.  Commissioner Copps would prefer more stringent
Title II regulation and may hold out for some concessions, but at the end of
the day its widely believed he will sign on to the rules, yielding a 3-2
vote along party lines.  Republican House members have already indicated
that an FCC vote in favor of "Open Internet" rules would exceed the FCC's
authority and be subject to legislation and political fall-out.

>From recent press reports and the Chairman's statements, and of relevance to
WISPA, we understand the proposed rules will create two separate regulatory
regimes, one for fixed and one for mobile.  Mobile wireless broadband
providers will be subject to less stringent requirements, while fixed
wireless will be included in the more heavily regulated class of broadband
providers.  On the other hand, the Chairman has indicated that he will allow
"pay-as-you-go" or usage-based billing.  Not sure about any caps or
constraints, but at least on this point the Chairman is open to innovative
billing models.

As we did during the TV Whitespaces proceedings, we have taken the time to
write a template letter that we encourage ALL WISPs and our partner vendors
to file.  The deadline is Tuesday, December 14th at 5:30 pm EST.  Feel free
to customize this letter, also attached to personalize it to your specific
company demographics.  Any text in Red should be replaced by company
specific information.  This campaign is extremely important and has a very
short window of opportunity for each of you to respond by.

Once you have customized the letter, please make a .pdf copy or a .doc file
and upload it at the following website.
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=rhroc.  If you choose not to
use the WISPA template letter but want to write your own comments, you can
either follow the previous procedure or use the Express filing method at
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=nc5cd.  The proceeding number
ET Docket Nos. 09-191 and WC Docket No. 07-52.  You can add the second
Proceeding Number by clicking Add Proceeding.

I would like to thank Doug Clark, Jack Unger and Steve Coran for their
assistance in editing and refining this letter template.  If you do not care
for the tone of this letter, please feel free to write your own.

I cannot stress how important this is for each WISP company to do.

Respectfully,

Rick Harnish

Executive Director

WISPA