Java sees the memory of the entire host vs. just the container. There is a myriad of config file changes to make it work, but I don't want to run a severely molested config. It's just that much harder to troubleshoot when things are wrong. It is a known issue between Java and OpenVZ, just no one seems able and willing to fix it.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com