From: "Blake Covarrubias" <bl...@beamspeed.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 5:09 PM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Hotel Redirect

How about this?

/ip firewall nat
add chain=dstnat in-interface=ether2 protocol=tcp dst-port=80 action=accept
src-address-list=proxy-bypass
add chain=dstnat in-interface=ether2 protocol=tcp dst-port=80
action=add-src-to-address-list address-list=proxy-bypass
address-list-timeout=1d
add chain=dstnat in-interface=ether2 protocol=tcp dst-port=80
action=redirect to-ports=8080

/ip proxy
set enabled=yes port=8080

/ip proxy access
add dst-port=80 action=allow dst-host="www.hotel.tld"
add dst-port=80 action=deny redirect-to="www.hotel.tld"

If you're not using proxy for anything else then it works great. Although,
it does not allow them to simply reload the page to reach the URL they
initially intended. The user would have to issue a totally new request to
see the content they desire.

--
Blake Covarrubias
Network Manager / IT Consultant

On Jan 6, 2011, at 1:41 PM, David E. Smith wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 14:20, Nick Olsen <n...@flhsi.com> wrote:
> Normally Hotspot works with a "I accept" button on a page, As thats what
we have done in the past. I don't mind getting a call when a user has a
tivo/gamesystem/* that can't login as they can read me the mac and I can
bypass it.
> The point with this is it goes to a page we don't control, And can't
really change at all.

> Could you do something crazy like put their site in an iframe? Have the
"parent" page include their mandatory page, and a bit of JavaScript. That
JavaScript has their MAC embedded in a link, using the same sort of link as
the "click to accept TOS" link, which auto-refreshes after one second (thus
logging them in as though they'd clicked that link themselves). Then add
their page (and whatever other things it uses) to the walled-garden.

----

----