From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Roger Howard
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:22 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Centurylink bandwidth

I'm thinking of multi-homing with Centurylink as a second provider. Is
this a pretty good performing network? I read the following link,
which gave me concerns, but I'm not sure if this only effects DSL
customers or wholesale customers also.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/CenturyLinks-Network-Is-Choking-11242
6

I have a 20Mbit DS3 circuit with ACC Business. Bandwidth is maxing out
way too much. They want too much money to upgrade to the full DS3. I
have just over a year left on the contract. Centurylink can provide a
full DS3. Because IPv4 addresses about to run out, I thought it would
be good to multi-home, run BGP and get our own IP space from ARIN.

Any feedback on how your centurylink circuits perform would be great.

Thanks,
Roger

--------