From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Nick
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 12:16 PM
To: us...@wug.cc; WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] Gigabit Router or L3 Switch?

I have a customer that needs a router capable of routing up to 1Gbps of
traffic - AT&T Ethernet handoff. Should only really need 1 WAN port and
1 LAN port. What's everyone else using? They have shunned the idea of a
RouterMaxx or PowerRouter. They prefer to stick with Cisco, Adtran, or
Foundry.

Cisco doesn't seem too cost effective; the only thing I've found that
will run that much traffic is a 7206 with a G2. Anything newer and we're
in the $20k-$40k range.

Should I be looking at Layer 3 switches? They shouldn't need any
firewall or filtering on this device.

----

  _____

No virus found in this message.