On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Greg Ihnen <os10ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rubens,
>
>        Thanks for the reply!
>
>        I'm using a 5GHz AirMax back haul (PtMP) to two 2.4GHz APs (All UBNT
> gear). The 5GHz back haul has never broken a sweat. Our "upstream" is a
> 1M/256K high latency connection so there just isn't that much data to move.

Satellite, huh ? You will probably gain a lot by forcing users to a
transparent proxy. You can do lots of TCP tuning on a server that
would be either impossible on some Microsoft TCP/IP stacks or too
expensive in support hours to do on the end users machines. Caching
also comes to mind.

>        You got me thinking about the ack packets. Besides possibly a queue
> type, what do you think about prioritizing them high?

High priority for ACK packets usually turns into better performance
perception on any network. I would try it for sure, but consider the
proxy option above for your specific scenario (not the usual WISP
one).

Rubens