I am curious if anyone has experience providing wireless service to small
businesses who use a POS credit card system.

My own chats with various small biz owners here in St. Louis suggests that
their merchant account providers tend to expect a twisted-pair phone line
and/or dedicated DSL/cable, no wireless.

I imagine this may vary depending on who actually provides the merchant
account, but has anyone received feedback from such providers about their
expectations for serving the credit card machines wireless?  E.g. must you
use dedicated, encrypted wireless links (as common sense would suggest),
and/or VPNs, or must the POS machine sit on a dedicated LAN, etc?

Thanks.

P.S. By POS I mean Point of Sale, to avoid any confusion. ;)

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net