 From: "Blake Covarrubias" <bl...@beamspeed.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:36 AM
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] looking for feedback on Exalt - ExploreAir

On Apr 13, 2011, at 4:15 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:

> I remember seeing that there was a vendor other than Exalt that had a 1
gig real throughput single radio setup.  It was even mentioned in one of
these Exalt threads.  However, my searching magic simply can't find it.

Trango can apparently achieve 1Gbps over a single system using payload
compression.

www.trangosys.com/products/point-to-point-wireless-backhaul/elite-licensed-w
ireless.shtml

I have not used the Elite series radios, so I cannot verify claimed
throughput myself. Although Trango did send me a RFC2544 report of IPv6
forwarding performance through the Elite radios with payload compression
on. The tests with 512-1518 frame sizes show between 955Mbps - 984Mbps full
duplex.

We run the Giga series throughout most of our network (Apex, GigaPlus, &
GigaPro) and are very happy with the products.

--
Blake Covarrubias

----