If it was your equipments fault I'd say you couldn't charge for
anything. However if the customer built a garage in front of the unit or
reroofed the house and the roofers took it down or something like that,
id say they'd definitely get a truckroll fee. Also unwillingness to trim
a tree or something of that nature would be billable.

Example:

Our customer called 3 months after building a garage directly in front
of the client unit that was on a pole on the ground. He called and acted
like nothing was going on and said there was a problem with his
internet. I looked at the signal and it was horrible. I asked the normal
questions "has anything changed recently?" customer answers "no" We get
to the house to find that there was a huge building in front of it.

Another one customer calls demanding we come fix his internet so his
daughter can use it for school on a Saturday evening. Again the customer
said "I don't know what the deal is" I asked "has anything changed
recently?" "no" replied the customer. Come to find out the customer cut
through the cable with an aerator after noticing the unit 100' from the
house and no light on the unit with 113 million plugs laying in the
yard.

Both billable fees.

Andy Trimmell

Network Administrator