We use APC UPSes on site with a monitoring card in them that also can
read an open or closed relay to send us emails when the generator is
running or when the UPS goes on battery etc. I forget the card model
but it just slides into any smart UPS and you put an IP on it to get
email notifications.

Eric

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Troy Settle <tset...@thewiredroad.net> wrote:
> I was wondering about that… no experience though.  What hardware/software do
> you use at the site to facilitate the monitoring?
>

> It was suggested in a private reply to monitor the UPS… but that doesn’t
> quite work, as the UPS will likely not know the difference between grid and
> genny power.

=========
Eric Merkel
ejmerkel.li...@gmail.com