It's great to rail against Congress but everyone should understand that,
whether we agree with them or not, this IS ultimately their responsibility.
Agencies such as the FCC have often taken somewhat vague (often
intentionally vague) legislation and taken actions/made rules far beyond
what the signers of the law intended.  Net Neutrality is just one example of
this.

Personally, I'd rather that ELECTED bodies make these decisions, rather than
some politically appointed board.  Elected officials MUST respond to their
voters.  Appointed board members only have to keep those who appointed them
happy.

Most Congressmen/women have no idea that this discussion is even taking
place (other than those on the committee, and perhaps some of the
leadership).  If they had heard of it, they likely had no idea what it
meant.  435 + 100 people (mostly lawyers) cannot be expected to understand
every single technical aspect of this sort of legislation.  That's why
WISPA, its members and friends, equipment manufacturers, and probably most
importantly YOUR CUSTOMERS must inform them.

I'm sure it's forthcoming, but a list of all the Congress members on the
relevant committees with their contact info would be most helpful.  That and
the official WISPA position (in plain language) will allow us to leverage
all of our assets to go after this wrong-headed legislation.

Once we are armed with this information, every member should contact their
Congressman...remember, many of them were just elected in 2010 for the first
time.  Their heads are still spinning, and they are also more likely to be
responsive than some 40 year vet.

Regards,

Jeff
ImageStream Sales Manager