On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 16:51 -0600, Sam Tetherow wrote:
> I disagree on your statement about censorship.  If someone posts a fair
> use clip on a website parodying the MPAA or the RIAA for instance, all
> they need to do is file a complaint to paypal/CC processors and that
> site's ability to collect donations or conduct business online will be
> shut down until they can get a court order to have it turned back on,
> and if they find a sympathetic ear at the federal level the DNS for that
> site can be shut down.  All without due process of actually finding the
> party guilty or any violation other than offending someone with on-staff
> lawyers willing to file the paperwork.

I have not read the proposed legislation.  I am not saying that I
support that legislation, as I don't know what is in it.  I AM, however,
saying that there is no need to create a NEW law that makes theft of IP
illegal.  There IS such a thing as censorship, but I don't think that it
is the opposite of protecting IP.  Does that clarify what I said?

* Butch Evans                * Professional Network Consultation   *
* http://www.butchevans.com/ * Network Engineering                 *
* http://store.wispgear.net/ * Wired or Wireless Networks          *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/ * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!    *
*          NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979                 *