Zimbra has lots of nice features, one of the best one is that the Web
interface is full featured, and looks very much like Outlook.
Additionally if folks use the desktop client, the look and feel of it is
consistent.
Another subtle feature is that it allows for larger than 2 gig Mail boxes.
The only bad part is .. that Zimbra is a Memory Hungry !!!!
and due to the web interface being full functional, folks will use it
Web interface as the primary interface.. thus one will have to make sure
that the mail server is sized correctly to handle the Web load...

FYI,  Spam & Virus protection on emails is best handled by external
system... and not the mail server...
You get the best of both worlds if you have two different systems doing
this.. .rather than one.

We have been using Katharion / now GFI Max service for years, has been
an awesome system, for many many reasons.

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet&  Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street