>From a marketing standpoint, it's probably the other way around. Given
an EVA(profit adjusted for capital costs) target for the product, what
benefits needs to be packed so the perceived value matches pricing ?

In other words, they might know pretty well you would settle for less
bandwidth. But that would lower the price you think is reasonable for
such a product below a threshold they don't want. The solution is to
give you more than you need, let you choose whether you want to
increase your payback and squeeze your margins.

But they might be thinking to your advantage when they predict you can
use a new offer with more bandwidth to get more business, allowing you
to expend more with UBNT and still get more profit than before.

Either way it's naive to think they haven't factored marketing into
the product. While it's possible UBNT used a simple "make it faster
and cheaper" motto in designing this product, it's more likely this
decisions have been given a lot of thought.

Rubens