PayPal is a nightmare for the merchant if the client is not honest.

They are not a bank nor regulated as one, last I recall.

And if you do deal with them, take precautions.

setup a separate bank account to deal with them in a different bank than you use for your main business accounts and never leave any real money in it that you are not willing to loose.

And last of all, they can't be trusted, nor can you get a person on the phone to fix things when they mess them up.