Someone asked on the Members List what they could do to help the overall
cause of trying to get/protect spectrum and to avoid CAF/USF pitfalls.
Thought it would be appropriate here as well:

#1 is working to ensure that you and every WISP you know is working with the
mapping efforts and filing their 477 form.  The maps were GOLD when talking
to the folks in DC.  Most don't really understand spectrum...but they can
read a map...and they know how it overlays their district!

#2 would be to attend, or help fund, WISPA's new Advocacy Day program.  We
had a great response to the first one, and will be doing one annually, and
others as needed.

#3 PLEASE get to know your Congressman/Senators and their key staffers!  You
don't have to go to DC to do that (unless of course you are trying to see
Senator Lugar...), you can go visit them in their local offices.

#4 spread the word about WISPA.  If we don't hang together, we'll hang
separately!  No one will agree with every single position a trade group
takes, but WISPA labors to ensure that we are representing the views of the
majority of our membership...and WE ARE making a difference!

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff Broadwick
Sales Manager, Blue Technology