Posibilities:

Multiwan router with USB 3G/4g from all carriers , 10-20 Mbps

Nlos link with ptp600

Sent froman my Motorola Startac...

On Jun 15, 2012, at 8:45 AM, "Brough Turner"
<broughtur...@gmail.com<mailto:broughtur...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Ian,  Two things come to mind.

1.  If it's a venue where you do repeated events, i.e. it's worth some
coordination time, you can do short range point-to-point links using
Nanostations  going indoors to indoors through the lobby windows.  For example,
the Miami Beach Convention Center is across the street from a row of
residential buildings.  You'd need to cut deals with three different
residential tenants (for redundancy and capacity) that have cable service, but
point to point links across the street through the windows would work just
fine.  [This comes from a discussion with some friends at TMCnet who considered
it but eventually decided it was too much hassle for their once a year Miami
event].

2.  There are several firms that provide and manage commercial equivalents to
MiFi for things like buses and trains.  They have existing high volume 3G & 4G
OEM deals with multiple carriers and might be interested in supporting your
events.  There are also MiFi-like devices that support 3-6 separate 3G or 4G
interface cards and load balance across multiple (different) 3G and 4G
carriers.  Load sharing across 6 links from 3 carriers might get you the
capacity and reliability you need. [This thought comes from a discussion I had
with Brian Smith, founder of WAAV, http://waav.com/index.php, about two years
ago.  I haven't talked to Brian recently, but I'd be happy to do an email intro
if that's useful.]

Thanks,

Brough

Brough Turner