Not to shift the focus too much but....

The environmentals were not the primary concern.   The environmentals
were the loophole that a clever lawyer used to get the project stopped
dead in its tracks.   At this point, I think WISPs that are being
overbuilt by these kind of government supported boondoggles should be
looking for the loopholes and building up community support for getting
these kinds of projects stopped dead in their tracks or at a minimum
restructured to be more open and useable by alternative providers such
as WISPs.

I lost an anchor institution (school district) to EagleNet in Colorado,
and the pricing structure to use their networks was a joke.   The lowest
connection they sold was 300meg and it was going to be something like
$2000/month to connect two points across their network.   It is open
access in name only.

Matt Larsen
Vistabeam.com