I have never seen this enforced in my limited experience. Most manufacturers have classes you can attend to become a 'professional'.

ryan

On 9/19/13 7:53 PM, Chris Stradtman wrote:
Hi all,

Most of my work is done inside so I don't really deal with most of the WISP issues.

However I'm being asked by a client to do an outside install. This is likely to be in the 5Ghz range.

I've found a reference to

"Devices must be professionally installed when operating in the 5470 -- 5725 MHz band"

I'm aware of avoidance of TDWR systems and the allowed and disallowed frequencies in that band.

However, I can't find reference to what is meant by a "Professional Installer".

Is there a licensing program that I can't seem to find by googling??

Thanks in advance,

Chris Stradtman