We have a couple Win 8.1 machines that connect to our office UniFi AP Pros
just fine. I would look at the wireless card/driver as suspect instead of
the OS. Try looking at the manufacturer site of both the computer and the
wireless card to see if there is an updated driver. If not, try a USB wifi
adapter to see if that works.

Make sure if you are deploying WPA2 that it is doing WPA2 AES. I've seen
lots of issues with hardware and WPA2 TKIP.

Adam Kennedy | Network Engineer
Broadband Networks
PO Box 8 | Rushville, Indiana | 46173
866-586-1518