It gets to the key of any solar project, what's the exposure.   We are
out in NV where 100 watt panel and 2x124 amp hour batteries is more than
enough all year to span cloudy sessions.   We get one full day and we
are recharged and rarely go a week without one day of enough sun to get
another week of run time until we get the period that everything is
fully charged.   More panel gets you back up faster so Sam's setup will
get him back to normal in 1/3 the time = 3x the clouds.

BTW set your solar panels for the maximum sun declination.  That's when
days are the shortest and the need for power is the greatest and usually
the weather is the worst.   It also helps with the snow issue.  By the
time the sun is higher the days are longer and you make up for the bad
angle with more exposure/better weather...