Now if I could find those prices in the Mid-West...

I mean, the last time I looked it was still around $3-4 a watt.

At a $1 per watt, I have some other uses...

--
On 4/18/2014 5:41 PM, Marlon Schafer (509.982.2181) wrote:
No.  But I do have a site.
http://www.solarblvd.com/ is where I got my last bit of stuff. 250 watts for my motorhome. At the time, panels and a 40 amp charge controller *with float charging* was around $400. They have pretty high wind load so you'll need a good structure to hold them up. I've also had better luck (so far) with wet cell golf cart 6vdc batteries than with anything else. I get them from the regional Interstate Battery shop, factory blems run less than half the cost of new and have a 90 day warranty.
Others have done a lot more of this than I have though.
marlon
*From:* Mike Hammett <mailto:wispawirel...@ics-il.net>
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:16 AM
*To:* WISPA General List <mailto:wireless@wispa.org>
*Subject:* Re: [WISPA] Solar powered repeater kit
I'm interested as well.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

*From: *"Josh Luthman" <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
*To: *"WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
*Sent: *Tuesday, April 8, 2014 11:00:42 AM
*Subject: *[WISPA] Solar powered repeater kit

Has anyone deployed a solar powered repeater for a single customer? For example, their house is in the middle of a forest but you can provide service at the end of their lane. This comes up here and there and I'm looking to put together a kit of Nanos, solar panels, battery and give the customer the price. I thought I would ask here before reinventing the wheel.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St