Kristian et al,

While the ogr2ogr would work, this would require having the blocks in
individual shape files if you wanted only a few. I think you can only get
them as a shape (for free anyway) by whole state...could be wrong. That
would either create a very large kml, which may not load in a google map,
or could eat a lot of memory in google earth. i.e. Texas has almost 1
million blocks. I'm not sure you could load that many objects into either
program although I haven't tried. Using a GIS tool to only select the ones
you need and export to KML might be a better approach for those only
needing a few blocks mapped. It might be well worth the time to have Brian
or another GIS competent person do it for you.