I (and others) keep saying it because it's a fact.

CDNs use latency to your DNS resolvers (among other things) to optimize the
delivery of content. If your DNS resolver isn't on your network, you simply
aren't best able to take advantage of that infrastructure. You're more likely
to be going to a worse node increasing latency, decreasing throughput,
increasing chances of unreliability, etc.

Setting up local resolvers is a relatively simple and painless process. Just do
it.

-----
Mike Hammett

Intelligent Computing Solutions