From: "Martha Huizenga" <wispli...@dcaccess.net>
To: "WISPA" <memb...@wispa.org>, "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 12:12:33 PM
Subject: [WISPA] Anyone ever had your phone number spoofed?

Yesterday we started receiving a large number of calls saying that we were
calling them and they got disconnected or talked to someone who tried to scam
them (yesterdays's scam was a government grant sent to their nearest western
union).

We called our provider (RingCentral) and they said our phone number had been
spoofed.

Anyone ever had their number spoofed? How long did it last? Did you have to
change your phone number?

This is the second day in a row. We changed our voice mail letting people know
and asking them to call the FCC - we called the FCC yesterday and reported it,
but they need the people receiving the calls to call and complain.

any thoughts appreciated.

Martha

--
signature
-----

Martha Huizenga
Partner
202-546-5898
DC Access
Friend ly, Local, Affordable, Internet!
Con necting the Capitol Hill Community
Jo in us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter