From: "Fred Goldstein" <f...@interisle.net>
To: wireless@wispa.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:04:29 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] IPV6 again?!?

The sooner you realize that IPv6 was a practical joke, the better off you'll
be.

On 11/1/2016 4:51 PM, Art Stephens wrote:

OK.. so we can not use static addressing then...

So I programmed a Mikrotik to do DHCP-PD and connected it to our server
network.

[admin@MikroTik] /ipv6 dhcp-server> pr
Flags: D - dynamic, X - disabled, I - invalid
# NAME INTERFACE ADDRESS-POOL PREFERENCE LEASE-TIME
0 server1 ether2 pool1 255 3d

Flags: D - dynamic
# NAME PREFIX PRE EXPIRES-AFTER
0 pool1 xxxx:xxxx:3::/60 64

I gave that Mikrotik an address in the IPV6 address space.

[admin@MikroTik] /ipv6 address> pr
Flags: X - disabled, I - invalid, D - dynamic, G - global, L - link-local
# ADDRESS FROM-POOL INTERFACE ADVERTISE
0 G xxxx:xxxx:0:32::77/64 ether2 yes
1 DL fe80::20c:42ff:fe20:caa7/64 ether3 no
2 DL fe80::20c:42ff:fe20:caa6/64 ether2 no

I can ping from xxxx:xxxx:0:32::77 from our office router (xxxx:xxxx:0:32::32)
I can not ping xxxx:xxxx:0:32::77from my office desk which can ping other
addresses on that network.

And when I set the customer ASUS router to native IPV6 DHCP-PD enabled and plug
it into the server network.
Nothing happens.