Microbursts causing buffer drops on egress ports to non-10G capable
destinations. The switch wants to send data at a rate faster than the 1G
devices can take it in, so it has to buffer it's data on those ports.
Eventually those buffers fill up, and it taildrops traffic. TCP flow
control takes over and eventually slows the transfer rate by reducing
window size. It doesn't matter if its only sending 100M of data, its the
RATE that it is sending the data.