We have been using QBO for about 4 years when we converted from a PC based QB
version.  We use QBO for P&L, B/S, Payroll and Invoicing.

QBO was really immature and very buggy at first but I have to admit that it has
settled in nicely since 1Q 2016.  We set up a sister company on Zoho Books to
get some side-by-side experience with it vs. QBO ... the basics are all there
in ZBooks but QBO just works better/easier IMHO.

Mind you, there is nothing, repeat, nothing quick about Quickbooks in the setup
phase ... you really need to get your product/services set up correctly,
expense accounts sorted so you can do Product Line P&L, etc.  Once done
then it's relatively easy to have bookkeepers / staff trained create and
process transactions correctly ... and have your financials be meaningful as a
result.

Not asked but related info is Intuit Merchant Services - they won't take any
company defining themselves a telecom company.  However, they will take IT
Services companies, Engineering or other Professional Services firms, etc.
Their credit card processing rates are almost 2x what you can negotiate with a
good bank or independent cc processors but it is convenient to have a "Pay Now"
button on the QBO invoice.   We actually don't allow cc transactions via Intuit
Merchant Services but we do allow customers to pay via ACH via the "Pay Now"
button which are free from Intuit Merchant Services.   The only bad thing about
ACH is that the only details you get about the ACH deposit is what the person's
name is that authorized the transaction ... no invoice number, no customer
name, ugh.  QxC is 99% commercial accounts so the person's name is very often
meaningless to us, we need a customer name or an invoice number.  I have
submitted this as an enhancement request but am not holding my breath.

Thank you,

John W. Von Stein

4541 N Dixie Hwy

Boca Raton, FL 33431

Office: 561-288-6989

DUNS: 07-9220254

Federal Contractor CAGE Code: 7PES8

www.QxCcommunications.com

---- On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:08:32 -0400 Tom Fadgen via WISP
<w...@wispa.org> wrote ----

Every 3 years I replace my Quickbooks software with the new version

since they will no longer support some features with the old versions.

This year I lost my part time bookkeeper that would come in once a

week and all the new part-timers want to work remote which makes an

online service the best choice. I use ADP for payroll and integrated

time keeping and I use Powercode for receivables. I am looking at the

following:

Quickbooks Online

Freshbooks

Zoho

I am sure I am not the only one that has made or is looking into this.

What is everyone else using. I believe that Quickbooks is the dominant

player here and but I am not quite sure they are the best for me

needs.

What is everyone else using?

Tom Fadgen

coastinet.com