On 2017/12/21 13:35, Scott Piehn wrote:
> We are getting new hard hats for our ground people when around a
> tower.  I seem to remember the standard helmet class is not enough
> even if the person is just a ground person.  they still need a
> different class hard hat.  Does this ring a bell with anyone and if
> so, what class hard hat am I looking for
This may or may not help you.  It's the first search result I came up
with.  It lists "class" with regard to voltage.  Other than that, they
mention ANSI Z89.1 and various years / versions of that standard.  They
then mention Type I and Type II as well as the "class".  Lots of
information which seems like it would be helpful.

https://www.graphicproducts.com/articles/osha-ansi-hard-hat-requirements/

--
Scott Lambert                  KC5MLE                     Unix SysAdmin
lamb...@lambertfam.org