Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago lightning struck one of the lantern poles in the
street
we live in (how lucky can you be...?).

As a result of the electrostatic discharge a number of switch ports (incl.
the WAN port)
on my LinkSys BEFW11S4 Wireless Access Point Router blew up (not to mention
the NICs
in computers of some of my neighbours connected to it).

I am now thinking of purchasing the LinkSys WRT54G (Wireless-G!) Access
Point Router
but, of course, can not expect all my neighbours who are still using
Wireless-B cards
to move to Wireless-G as well as most of them just do not require the higher
throughput.

Does anyone of you have experience with this combination? Are there any
caveats I need to
take into account? Of course all vendors (incl. LinkSys) state there should
not be a problem
mixing the B and G standards at all but I just want to make sure.
Note that I am using 128-bit WEP encryption!

Thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
Tom Hesp

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/5AhqlB/TM

*******
Wireless LAN Weblog - WLAN Forum
http://www.wireless--lan.com/

Wireless LAN Search
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6750665

Wireless LAN Jobs - WLAN Jobs
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wlanjobs/

http://www.azhttp.com/

http://www.science-fairs.com/

If you got this from someone else you can join at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wirelesslan/ or
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links