--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "tukulseksi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi plz help me. i'm tukul... i want use my offece lan in my
> home.butmy home 2 km far away from my offece ... haw i can do do
> it.????? (sory my english is bad i from idonesia)

Many years ago I built a whole bunch of antennas for a different
application at a nearby frequency, 2.25GHz.

Not sure what you have there as far as satellite TV. Here we have
loads of little satellite dishes on homes. People give them to thrift
stores or throw them out, they are so plentiful. Well, they are
perfectly good to be used as wireless LAN dishes, too!

Get a USB wireless adapter, put it on the end of a long USB extension
cable, and place it at the focal point of the parabolic dish. Tada!

http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html
http://www5.cs.cornell.edu/%7Eeckstrom/802.11a/primestar/

If you place the USB wifi adapter in a can, it should be 1/4
wavelength from the back of the can. But you need to know that an
effective 1/4 wavelength inside a waveguide is longer than in free
space. This website has the formulas needed:
http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/antennas/mycoffeecan.html

Here's a little parabola made using paper with aluminum foil glued to
it. Only glue the foil to the back piece. For best gain, it should be
resized so that the distance from the antenna to the back point of the
dish is 1/4 wavelength at 2.4GHz. So about 31mm or 1.23 inches.
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html

It can be made from screen if the mesh size is 1/10th wavelength or less:
http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template/index.html

Steve Greenfield

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/5AhqlB/TM

*******
Wireless LAN Weblog - WLAN Forum
http://www.wireless--lan.com/

Wireless LAN Search
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6750665

Wireless LAN Jobs - WLAN Jobs
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wlanjobs/

http://www.azhttp.com/

http://www.science-fairs.com/

If you got this from someone else you can join at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wirelesslan/ or
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links