Thanks. I hear that. But that is not an answer to my problem.  I want to
know this stuff, not know how to avoid it.  I can upgrade this
particular unit, since it is mine, but that will not help me resolve
this issue with others who don't want to upgrade to XP.

For those who care, this problem was resolved by manually changing the
channel on the laptop to channel 1, which is what the AP is on.

--
Ardell Faul
Laptop Computer & Monitor Repair

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/5AhqlB/TM

*******
Wireless LAN Weblog - WLAN Forum
http://www.wireless--lan.com/

Wireless LAN Search
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6750665

Wireless LAN Jobs - WLAN Jobs
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wlanjobs/

http://www.azhttp.com/

http://www.science-fairs.com/

If you got this from someone else you can join at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wirelesslan/ or
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links