Bill Meier wrote:

> Minor problem:
>
> I build wireshark only for gtk2.
> For gtk2, a gtk2.tmp directory is created and the Makefile is run from that
> directory.
>
> This causes the 'cd codecs' below (in gtk Makefile.nmake) to fail.
>
> ..\gtk\codecs\codecs.lib:
>         cd codecs   <<=== fails since current dir is actually gtk2.tmp
>         $(MAKE) /$(MAKEFLAGS) -f Makefile.nmake
>         cd ..
>
> I don't really know the correct approach to solve this in a general manner

The correct approach to solve this particular problem is to notice that
the codecs do not use any GTK+ code whatsoever, and are not necessarily
going to be used only by GTK+-based applications, and move the codecs
directory out of the gtk directory.

That's what we've done - it's now a top-level directory.  Try building
it now.