frederic heem wrote:
> Actually,  I'm looking for the almost the same feature:
> The monitor asks tshark to be advised when a packet matches a filter.
> As soon as tshark received such a packet, it signals the application that has
> requested such packet.

That would be a special (trivial) case of my general concept: A filter
and a tap which fires the alarm every time it is called.

> Some work has already been done. Basicely, it uses the D-Bus protocol as the
> IPC.

Don't know D-Bus. At the first glance it looks like overkill to me, but
why not.

 > At the moment, it is able to start and stop the capture, to set the
> network interface and the capture filename.

I did this simply via the command line args.
I introduced additional command line args for the special taps.
Style -z my_tap my_tap_arguments

> What's remaining is setting the packet filter and signal the application when
> such a packet is received.
> Let me know if you're interested in collaborating on this project.
> Frederic Heem

Sure, i am!
(Don't have the time to work full-time on it though)

br,
Lars Ruoff